1. Last night, after hundreds marched for Mark Carson, three more gay men were injured in two separate attacks. Two men were reportedly assaulted in SoHo, while club promoter Dan Contarino was attacked in the East Village. These, as we've noted, are not just NYC attacks.
2. As anti-gay hate crimes suddenly rise in the Big Apple, the NYPD announced they're beefing up security.
3. The Peace Corps, founded by JFK in 1961, will soon let same-sex couples sign up. There are, of course, practical restrictions: "The Peace Corps will only consider placement of same-sex couples in countries where homosexual acts are not criminalized. There are many factors that affect ultimate placements, including applicants’ overall competitiveness, program availability, departure dates, medical accommodations and safety."
4. It's complicated, but public television and conservative billionaire David Koch are in a relationship.
5. Brazilian conservatives have filed a lawsuit to overturn a recent judicial decision legalizing marriage equality there.
6. In this Freedom to Marry video, a woman named Karen Morgan discusses how the Defense of Marriage Act continues to hurt her family in the wake of her wife, Chief Warrant Officer Charlie Morgan, died. Because of DOMA, the military is legally bound not to help her.