Two Princes: Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal Eyeing 'Into the Woods'
By Jerry Portwood
Last year's much-ballyhooed production of Into the Woods during The Public's Shakespeare in the Park was supposed to auger great things for the Sondheim/Lapine favorite. A hoped for Broadway transfer wasn't in the cards and Amy Adams big debut as a singer was a bit underwhelming. But no matter, the big Disney Hollywood adaptation spectacle version, directed by Rob Marshall, seems like it might finally become a reality (while Mr. Sondheim can actually experience—and no doubt hate—it).
We know that Meryl Streep is already attached as the Witch (genius!) and Johnny Depp is said to be playing a sexy fairy tale wolf (natch). Now, as The Hollywood Reporter states Chris Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal seem to be sniffing out fun (but not marquee) parts, they "would play the musical’s two princes, Cinderella’s Prince and Rapunzel’s Prince, brothers who are pompous and self-absorbed." If it happens, it would be their first on-screen singing roles (which can be scary as well).
So no Baker or Baker's Wife as of yet, but this is shaping up to seem like a blockbuster cast.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way