Michael Musto Axed at 'Village Voice'
By Jerry Portwood
Gawker is reporting that longtime nightlife columnist Michael Musto, Pulitzer Prize-winning theater critic Michael Feingold, and much-adored food writer Robert Sietsema have all been laid off, as has been rumored after the recent walkout of remaining top editors.
As Gawker states:
"executives from the Voice's parent company flew in for today's massacre. Michael Musto, the Voice's nightlife columnist and most high profile remaining staffer, has been let go, as was rumored last week. (There had apparently been some talk of Musto's column hanging on in some form, but that does not seem to have worked out.) Also let go, sources tell us, was Robert Sietsema, the Voice's longtime food critic, and Michael Feingold, the paper's theater critic. Feingold was scheduled to host the Obie Awards for the Voice next week. That just makes the timing that much more shocking."
Michael Musto has remained sanguine in the face of this eventuality, telling Gawker: "So many people have come out to offer their love (and opportunities). I'll update you on all my new beginnings. My brand will be feistier than ever."
We remember him riffing on Lindsay Lohan's turn as Marilyn (for New York mag) just a few years back. What are your favorite Musto moments at the Village Voice? We'll share ours soon.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne