He's BACK! Neil Patrick Harris Confirmed as Tony Host
By Out.com Editors
Photo by Cliff Lipson
We can't get enough of NPH at the Tonys, so the news that he'll be back for yet another year is the best thing we heard all day. And this year will certainly be special—with so many Hollywood stars nominated for this year's Broadway season. It will be the fourth time Emmy-winning How I Met Your Mother star (who also appeared on Broadway in Assassins and Cabaret) has hosted for the awards show, and we're not sure how he'll top previous showstoppers..
"I'm very excited to be back hosting the Tony Awards at the legendary Radio City Music Hall," Harris said in a statement. "It'll be more impressive than ever — if my math is correct, it will be 267 times bigger than last year. Oh, wait. No, that can't... hold on... carry the one... I'm awful at math. But rest assured, the show will rock!"
Below, revisit one of his finest Tony hosting moment: the opening number from the 2011 telecast, “It’s Not Just for Gays Anymore.”
Also, check out NPH talking to Ellen about what fiance David Burtka did for his 40th birthday—which is coming up in June.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World