Minnesota Seems Poised For Marriage Equality And 5 Other Things We Learned Today
By Out.com Editors
1. In a surprise move, Minnesota's Democratic Speaker of the House, Paul Thissen, announced today that he has support in his chamber and in the state senate and from the Governor for a law allowing marriage equality. Will the Land of 10,000 Lakes be the 12th state to approve marriage?
2. "Hey guys" is the universal ManHunt greeting in these United States.
3. Tong, a fictional character in Marvel's Fantastic Four spin-off FF, came out as trans in the monthly's latest edition.
4. Mark Sanford, the former South Carolina governor routed out of office after flying to Argentina for an extramarital affair while supposed to be working, won his Congressional election against Elizabeth Colbert Busch.
5. Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg released the trailer for their latest sci-fi comedy romp, The World's End.
6. French anti-gay activists hoped to rile up support for a protest against same-sex marriage there. Unfortunately for them, their racist imagery of French Justice Minister Christiane Taubira as a destructive ape riled up almost universal outrage instead.