Carolyn Moos, The Woman Who Would Be Mrs. Jason Collins
By Out.com Editors
Carolyn Moos has been pretty cool about her ex-fiancé, NBA center Jason Collins, very publicly coming out. Sure, she told the press she was initially embarrassed and confused when her partner of 8 years called her up and told her he was going to tell the world he's gay. But now that it's settled in, Moos, who planned on marrying her Stanford classmate before he called of their wedding in 2009, is 100% supportive.
"I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him. I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out," the former WNBA player said. And last night, after CNN host Piers Morgan asked if Collins had apologized, as if there were something to apologize for, Moos replied, "I think he's in the process of taking ownership of the here and now which is actually coming out. That can be very – I assume – overwhelming."
Here's video excerpts from Moos' conversation with Morgan.
- Christmas Comes Early: Beyoncé Drops 'Visual Album' While You Were Sleeping
- Gay Icons: Kremlin to Receive Elton John, George Michael, Tom Daley Nesting Dolls
- Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellan
- Meet the Queens of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6
- Guy-on-Guy Action
- WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Sing Carols With Strangers on the Street