WATCH: Bill Clinton Speak Out Against DOMA
By Out.com Editors
Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for GLAAD
This past Saturday, the GLAAD Media Awards had its Los Angeles event, hosted by Drew Barrymore. The star-studded event included Jennifer Lawrence, Betty White, Chris Evans, Leonardo DiCaprio, Charlize Theron, and Kelly Rowland. Plus, Glee's Darren Criss was on hand to sing a ditty he wrote, "So Long DOMA, and Goodbye Prop 8,"to the tune of Carly Rae Jepsen's hit "Call Me Maybe."
Oh, and the organization honored President Bill Clinton. He gave a speech against DOMA, the legislation he signed into law while president, and also mentioned his daughter Chelsea (and her gay friends) on multiple occasions. As The Bill said:
“I want to keep working on this until not only DOMA is no longer the law of the land, but until all people, no matter where they live, can marry the people they love. I believe you will win the DOMA fight, and I think you will win the Constitutional right to marry. If not tomorrow, then the next day or the next day.”
Watch Bill Clinton's GLAAD speech here:
Watch Darren Criss sing out against DOMA here:
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower