Watch: Kate McKinnon as Olya Povlatsky
By Out.com Editors
The meteorite that hit Siberia and caused hundreds of injuries may have taken place on Friday, but that didn't keep Saturday Night Live from getting something together in time for "Weekend Update."
Leave it to Kate McKinnon to be the funny lady to bring the humor to one of the freakiest things to happen in a long, long time (we're still waiting for reports of aliens or something crazy). She took to Weekend Update as Olya Povlatsky, a Russian peasant woman who experienced the Ural mountain craziness—and survive to tell the tale. Olya tells Seth Meyers she saw the meteor and begged it to please take her away from “this barren wasteland.”
“Do you know how hard this life in my village?’ Olya asks.
She goes on to tell Seth that, at 18, she is the hottest girl in her village. “My milkshake brings all the boys to the haunted mine." Yes, Kate, yes: only you can take Kelis and make it work.
READER COMMENTS (
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad