Kobe Bryant Reads Fans for Wielding 'Gay' As An Insult
By Evan Lambert
Kobe Bryant is playing for our team!
Well, he's playing defense at least. The Lakers shooting guard, who was fined $100,000 last year for using a gay slur, recently took to Twitter to tell off two fans who were dropping "you're gay" insults like it was no big deal. Check it:
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) February 11, 2013
Bryant, whose tweet has been retweeted over 4,000 as of this post, was apparently responding to an exchange between Twittiots @PacSmoove and @pookeo9. Since the incident, both users have deleted their accounts and have begun tweeting from different accounts. But honestly? These bros were hot messes way before Bryant called them out, writing eloquent sh*t like:
there's mr penis head — #OptimusReim (@HockeyFanatic67) February 10, 2013
I'm so thankful I'm not a girl....
— #OptimusReim (@HockeyFanatic67) February 10, 2013
Also, @pookeo9 has been complaining nonstop since Sunday that journalists have been stalking him and copying his tweets to the web. (Whoops.) But really, dude, just protect your Tweets and we'll back off, K? In any case, Bryant's slightly-misspelled tweet was a step in the right direction for the basketball star, considering he courted controversy just two years ago for calling a referee a "f*cking faggot." Good for you, KB. Good for you.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection