The Gayest Cartoon Couples
By Out.com Editors
Over at Gay.net, they've amassed 20 of the "gayest cartoon couples" who they say have "paved the way for the cartoon characters of today to say, 'It’s OK to be gay.' " An example? Yogi Bear and Boo Boo.
As Jase Peeples writes: "Long before out animated couples like American Dad’s Greg and Terry were a part of pop culture, gays had to find representation on television through innuendo and subtext. Thankfully the animated shows of yesterday had no shortage of men whose relationships suggested there was a lot more going on off camera—and between the sheets."
Now we're sad to see that none of the Venture Bros. characters made the list (guess there's no true "couple" just a bunch of hot dudes?), but the following are some of our favorites that they selected.
And if this gets you curious, remember to check out our list of the Gayest Cartoon Characters of All Time.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever