Baby Race 2013: Enter Chely Wright
By Andrew Villagomez
Image via Facebook
Catching us up with their lives on Howard Bragman's YouTube show "Gwissues," country singer Chely Wright and wife Lauren Blitzer-Wright, whom she married in Connecticut in 2011, shared the news that they are expecting identical twins this summer.
“When gay couples have babies, it’s logistically a little different than when straight people have babies, as we all know,” Chely said. She will be carrying the twins. "We're excited to be parents and hope we don't mess it up too badly."
To which Lauren cutely responded, "We'll be OK."
"We feel our entire relationship has been blessed. We feel lucky and ready to take on the challenges," Chely explained, before she showed her little bump (pictured).
January has certainly been the month for gay celebrities and baby news, what with both Rosie O'Donnell's and Elton John's recent additions, and as well as Ryan Murphy's first son being born on Christmas Eve.
Watch the clip below:
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models