Kelly and Beyoncé to Perform at Presidential Inauguration
By Andrew Villagomez
The Presidential Inaugural Committee has announced that Beyoncé Knowles, Kelly Clarkson, and James Taylor (don't forget HIM!) will all perform at the 57th Presidential Inauguration, which will take place on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol on January 21, 2013.
“Vice President Biden and I are honored to have these wonderfully talented musical artists perform at the Inaugural ceremony,” President Obama said today. “Their music is often at the heart of the American story and speaks to folks across the country.”
President Obama was involved in the selection of participants in the Inaugural program, including the musical performers. Beyoncé will sing the National Anthem, Kelly Clarkson will perform “My Country Tis of Thee,” and James Taylor will sing “America the Beautiful.”
Longtime Obama supporter Beyoncé already has a big year ahead of her, and news of her performing at the Inauguration is surely good omen. Her daughter Blue Ivy just turned one-year-old this week, and Beyoncé's HBO documentary debuts this month. She graces the cover of GQ's February issue, in anticipation for her Super Bowl half-time show performance.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- Next Year in Kampala? America’s LGBT rights industry goes global