Kelly Clarkson On 'Single' Stereotypes
By Andrew Villagomez
Pop idol Kelly Clarkson has had years of gay rumors due to her single status most of her career. Even now, engaged to her fiancé Brandon Blackstock, whom she started dating after six years of being single, Kelly continues to get the speculations—but she is unfazed.
In an interview with Cosmo, Clarkson defends both the single and gay communities from the rumor spreaders: "People think 'Oh, she’s been single for too long.' That’s kind of an insult to the gay community. Being single doesn’t mean you’re gay. But I’m never insulted by it, obviously."
Kelly Clarkson has been a longtime supporter of the gay community, most recently stating that one of the reasons she planned to vote for Barack Obama was due to her many gay friends and her support of marriage equality. (Kelly has also recently released new song "People Like Us," which we noted is a fantastic gay anthem.)
In the Cosmo interview, Clarkson didn't stop there. She continued by saying she'd be lucky if she was a lesbian: "I get hit on by the hottest girls ever. Oh, my god, if I were a lesbian I would be so in luck."
The Huffington Post mentioned how Clarkson has cleared up gay rumors in the past. “I just think it is very ignorant to assume that you know everything about someone," she told E! News about her sexuality in 2011. "People keep saying that I’m gay and … yeah, I’m not. I’m pretty sure I’ve never made out with girl."
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- WATCH: Chris Lilley Teases New 'Summer Heights High' Spin-Off
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?