Comedian Gets Intimate with a Westboro Baptist Church Man
By Evan Lambert
As if we didn't already despise the Westboro Baptist Church enough, they've gone ahead and given us yet another reason: They can't even take a joke.
For a prime example, check out the following viral vid in which Australian comedian Charles Firth stops by the Westboro picket lines to do a little schmoozing (and yes, a little gay cruising.) I mean, sure, Westboro is known for being anti-gay — as well as anti-troops and anti-fashion — but no one expected them to react this strongly to a little gay lovin'.
In the clip, Firth engages one of the respectable, right-minded Westboro gents in a bit of friendly homo-flirting, dropping charming lines like, "You're a very nice old man" and "You've got a really nice butt." Harmless, right? Nope. The Westboro man doesn't deal with the flirting very well and instead sicks his wife on Firth. Rude! Then the other Westboro members have the gall to bombard Firth with withering insults like, "You're a fag pervert" and "You're a fag ass pervert." Ouch! All Firth wanted to do was admire the man!
However, in Westboro's defense, they did sign off with: "Have a nice day, pervert." At least they were polite about their goodbye!
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Vows: Dustin Reeser & Spencer Stout Started at Home Depot, Ended Up at Grammys
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film