Ricky Martin Talks Moving to Australia
By Andrew Villagomez
Since he's ending his run in Broadway's Evita on January 26, Ricky Martin is now talking about his next role as a coach on The Voice Australia and what else lies ahead. "[Being a part of The Voice] is going to be a very beautiful first six months of the year," said the superstar who then talked about taking over Keith Urban's role. "I love what he's doing to music and has done over the years ... I am humble to be sitting in his chair."
He also talked about how fast his two twin boys have grown. "I don't know how it went from diapers to school uniforms, time flies!" He stated that his family will be joining him for his move to Australia and the interviewer jokingly said that the family may have a great time and Ricky would end up staying for good. Ricky responded that would not be a problem for him—Oh no! But we'll still love you, Ricky! Don't go Down Under forever!
Watch the interview below, where Ricky talks about the need to be on stage and to be on the road again and looks back on past tours:
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- The 15 Sexiest Red-Haired Men
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection