WATCH: Sally Field's Advice For Parents of LGBT Kids
By Jeremy Kinser
Here's yet another reason to really like Sally Field. The two-time Oscar winner, who delivered a rousing speech about her gay son Sam Greisman at the Human Rights Campaign's event in October, sits with Oprah Winfrey for the television mogul's Oprah's Next Chapter series and talks about the responsibility that comes with raising LGBT children.
"It's important to have a parent speak about raising a magnificent, proud, intelligent, funny, lovable, sexy gay son," Field tells Winfrey. "And there are so many parents who are frightened of that and who don't embrace their children as they struggle. Those children are struggling to embrace who they are, what nature intended them to be."
Additional congratulations go out to Field, who just won the New York Film Critics Circle's award for best supporting actress for her performance in Lincoln. Watch the clip below.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula