Ricky Martin Says Adios to 'Evita'
By Jeremy Kinser
It'll be another suitcase in another hall for Ricky Martin, who has announced he will leave the hit Broadway revival of the musical Evita in January.
The show's producers released a statement, saying the three stars of the celebrated musical about Argentine first lady Eva Peron, Elena Roger, Ricky Martin, and Michael Cerveris, will complete their runs with the show on Jan. 26, 2013.
Martin, whose star power has been largely responsible for the box office success of the revival, tweeted about the experience, writing, "1 of the most amazing cycles of my career.Discipline and growth! 2013 a year full of amazing projects. Thank u so much for ur applause."
The producers state Evita “will continue its open-ended run following the original stars’ departure. The new stars will be announced at a later date.”
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever