Is Lady Gaga One of the Best Jazz Singers?
By Jeremy Kinser
After she releases the much-anticipated ARTPOP, Lady Gaga will record an album of jazz standards with Tony Bennett, who calls the singer "one of the best jazz singers that anyone's ever heard."
The legendary (and eternally hip) vocalist chats with Billboard to discuss his latest projects which include a new album, Viva Duets (which pairs him with Latin singers such as Gloria Estefan and Christina Aguilera), as well as a book titled Life Is a Gift: The Zen of Bennett, and an upcoming documentary, says Gaga's father, Joseph Germanotta, phoned him on his daughter's behalf while she was on her Australian tour.
"He said she told him that 'I want to do a jazz album with Tony Bennett, a jazz album,'" Bennett shares."It's going to really reaffirm that she's one of the best jazz singers that anyone's ever heard," he adds.
The two performers, who performed a duet on Gaga's television special last Thanksgiving, are currently in the top-secret process of deciding on songs and plan to work with arranger/orchestrator Marion Evan on the project. Madonna, you've been served.
Watch Gaga and Bennett perform "The Lady is a Tramp" below.
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Listen to 'The Sound Of Music Live' Soundtrack