Is Lady Gaga One of the Best Jazz Singers?
By Jeremy Kinser
After she releases the much-anticipated ARTPOP, Lady Gaga will record an album of jazz standards with Tony Bennett, who calls the singer "one of the best jazz singers that anyone's ever heard."
The legendary (and eternally hip) vocalist chats with Billboard to discuss his latest projects which include a new album, Viva Duets (which pairs him with Latin singers such as Gloria Estefan and Christina Aguilera), as well as a book titled Life Is a Gift: The Zen of Bennett, and an upcoming documentary, says Gaga's father, Joseph Germanotta, phoned him on his daughter's behalf while she was on her Australian tour.
"He said she told him that 'I want to do a jazz album with Tony Bennett, a jazz album,'" Bennett shares."It's going to really reaffirm that she's one of the best jazz singers that anyone's ever heard," he adds.
The two performers, who performed a duet on Gaga's television special last Thanksgiving, are currently in the top-secret process of deciding on songs and plan to work with arranger/orchestrator Marion Evan on the project. Madonna, you've been served.
Watch Gaga and Bennett perform "The Lady is a Tramp" below.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film