Adele Made Daniel Craig Cry
By Jeremy Kinser
We know Adele's soulful voice can move the strongest men to tears, but even the usually unshakeable James Bond? Daniel Craig reveals to Yahoo Movies that the singer's theme to Skyfall, his latest outing as Secret Service Agent 007, had exactly that effect on him.
"I cried," the rugged actor says. "From the opening bars I knew immediately, then the voice kicked in and it was exactly what I'd wanted from the beginning. It just got better and better because it fitted the movie. In fact the more of the movie we made, the more it fitted it."
Skyfall director Sam Mendes says he handed Adele an early copy of the screenplay for the action-packed drama, which features a homoerotic encounter with a villain played by Javier Bardem, to help her compose the tune. "She came in very early before we started shooting and her main concern was 'I write songs about myself, how can I make a Bond song?'" Mendes shares. "My answer was 'just write a personal song'! Carly Simon's 'Nobody Does It Better' was a love song."
Listen to "Skyfall" below.
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Listen to 'The Sound Of Music Live' Soundtrack
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?