What Makes RuPaul Feel Beautiful?
By Jeremy Kinser
Sure, RuPaul is a supermodel and the most glamourous lady on television, but it takes more than cosmetics and a corset to make her feel truly gorgeous.
The host of RuPaul’s All Stars Drag Race (which premieres tonight on Logo) speaks with DuJour.com about her daily health regime. "The most luxurious thing I can do for myself is to be kind," she tells Adam Rathe. "I am kind to myself, and I do a spiritual practice every day. I wake up at 4 a.m., stretch, then go to the gym at 5, then go and meditate at 6:30, then I’ll go on a hike, then I’ll go to yoga. And I do that every day because if I don’t, I’ve found that my thoughts get a little crowded and I feel like I lose my footing. The most luxurious and important thing on this planet is having your health. You can have that Birkin bag, but if you’re on a respirator, it ain’t so chic."
Ru gets even more philosophical, adding, "I love a great foundation underneath my clothes—the corset and the whole get-up—but my foundation on an emotional level, which is understanding your intention on this planet, is probably the most important thing. And I always walk out of the house with that."
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS
- Dave Franco: 'You've Literally Seen Me Have Sex With Myself'
- The Men Who Want AIDS—and How It Improved Their Lives
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome