Sam Champion Officially Comes Out With News of His Engagement
By Jerry Portwood
Although many didn't even realize that GMA weather anchor Sam Champion was openly gay, he's now announced his engagement to his boyfriend Rubem Robierb. “We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes,” says Champion.
According to ABC News, Champion and Robierb "met through mutual friends a few years ago in Miami, where Robierb lives. Born in Brazil, Robierb is a fine-arts photographer who shows his work in Miami, Atlanta, Santa Monica and New York. The two plan to wed later this year."
As Andy Towle states, "While Champion has dwelled in a so-called 'glass closet' for some time, I believe this is the first time Champion has discussed his sexuality publicly." And he's right. So this is a new level of "coming out": From glass closet to wedding!
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever