Rupaul's Official Statement on the Death of Sahara Davenport
By Out.com Editors
We reported the tragic news of the death of Sahara Davenport earlier today—the contestant from Season 2 of Rupaul's Drag Race was 27 years old and the boyfriend of Season 3 contestant Manila Luzon.
Since then, Rupaul has released a formal statement, originally posted in text and on Twitter, and then released in conjunction with a photo on Facebook.
The statement, shown below, closes any question of this being a rumor:
Shocked & heartbroken over @saharadavenport. Never occurred to me that we'd ever lose one of my girls. I see them as immortal
— RuPaul (@RuPaul) October 2, 2012
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- A Brief History of 'Same Love'
- Dave Franco: 'You've Literally Seen Me Have Sex With Myself'
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- James Dean's Secret Gay Past Revealed