First Look: Off-Broadway's 'Bare'
By Out.com Editors
Ready to see a story of young boys in love? Taylor Trensch (Broadway's Wicked) and Jason Hite are set to star as Catholic high schoolers Peter and Jason, respectively, who keep their relationship a secret in the musical Bare.
According to the producers, "Bare explores the subject of teens exposed to the issues of identity, sexuality, and religion. With provocative lyrics and a thrilling rock score, the musical demonstrates how today’s generation is forced to navigate, for the first time, the tightrope between adolescence and adulthood and how far they will go to keep their world intact."
The musical originated in 2000 in Los Angeles and had an Off-Broadway production in New York City in 2004, but this is the first major Off-Broadway revival. We're also especially excited about the fact that Tony Award-winning scenic designer Donyale Werle (Peter and the Starcatcher, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson). Bare begins previews Off-Broadway at New World Stages Nov. 19, prior to an official opening Dec. 9.
See a behind-the-scenes video of the cast's first photo shoot below:
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World