David Barton Celebrates 20th Anniversary
By Diego James
PHOTO CREDIT: Seth Browarnik/WorldRedEye.com
Not too long ago things were pretty rough for David Barton. The 5-foot-5 dude behind the chain of sexy gyms—which were known for the DJs and moody lighting as much for him being "cube-shaped" and perpetually tan—filed for bankruptcy last year, as well as separating from his wife, nightlife impressario Susanne Bartsch. But last night he celebrated the 20th anniversary of his gym. And in the pic from the party above, Barton is picking up Bartsch with nary a hair out of place.
Of course Amanda Lepore was there. She's been going to Barton since his first gym located in a basement on West 15th Street, and in a profile in the New York Times was quoted as saying that it changed her life. "David showed me that I could sculpt my body with weights," Lepore said, "which is better than plastic surgery, because you can control it more."
The newly slimmed down Perez Hilton (pictured with Barton at left) was also in attendance. And performances also included Joey Arias, JbDubs, and Kayvon & The Zand Collective. We also confirmed that Barton closed down the party with himself on drums with his band Liquid Blonde.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower