Dan Savage: Romney '100 Percent Anti-Gay'
By Diego James
While we love that straight ally Chris Kluwe has tapped into the gay id in an extremely vital way, don't forget that Dan Savage is our No. 1 spokesgay and always has a way of articulating what so many feel but never get out of their mouths. For instance, he was recently talking to host John Fugelsang (that name!) on Joy Behar's Say Anything! Current TV program, and Savage said he thought Mitt Romney was "100 percent antigay" and he doesn't make a distinction between an "honest bigot and a dishonest bigot." Which made us think: We love that word bigot, and it doesn't get enough use in everyday conversation.
Savage went on to say:
"Whether someone punches you in the nose because they really hate you, or they punch you in the nose because they want to impress people who hate you, you still have a broken goddamn nose," said Savage. "I'm not going to look into Mitt Romney's stoney little heart, I'm not going to bust open that bank vault in the Cayman Islands and retrieve his heart to look at it. What I care about is policy — and his policies are homophobic and by my estimation, that man is a homophobe."
Watch the clip below:
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto