Don Philip Came Out to Britney on 'X Factor' First
By Diego James
Thanks to Towleroad, who tipped us off to the potential scandal behind the scenes at X Factor. Turns out viewers saw an emotional Don Philip, who had recorded with Britney Spears 10 years ago, leave the show after he failed to win the judges' approval, may have not seen the whole story. Now Philip is trying to connect the dots when he tells RumorFix exclusively:
"For some reason — that emotional exchange was edited out of the program. “I’m sorry they didn’t think it was up to the X Factor standard as Britney says,” Don tells . “They already outed me to the world.” He adds: "Is Gay bad for FOX? I didn’t do anything bad. They edited the gay out of me. I don’t understand it. Aren’t they a reality show? Is it too real?” Don said that Britney didn’t do anything wrong, and the omission “is sending the wrong message. It’s like gay is being censored.”
The site Gather fills in more of the blanks with: He says that he got "set up" by producers who bullied him into admitting his sexual preferences. "It was kind of a private thing they forced out of me," he says. "...I went home and had thoughts (of suicide)."
Watch the edited version that aired below. Do you think that Don Philip was set up and this is another case of homophobic producers—as Adam Levine accused American Idol before it?
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models