WATCH: 'The New Normal'
By Jerry Portwood
We've been telling you about Ryan Murphy's most anticipated fall series. The New Normal is about two gay guys who decide to have a child through a surrogate—and even ask her, however unlikely this would be, to move in with them.
Rannells told us in a recent interview, "People expected it to be a little funny, and maybe dark, because it’s coming from Ryan, but those who have seen it also comment on how heartfelt it is. I’m very happy about that because that was the goal—to show how much love it takes to start a family, particularly for a gay couple." But the controversy has already started.
Last weekend Salt Lake City TV station KSL announced it won’t air the series, deeeming it “inappropriate” for the Mormon Church–owned affiliate. But of course this sort of "controversy" could be the best thing to happen for this new show, spiking attention for the premiere. But NBC has already started streaming the pilot to get everyone hyped for the premiere on September 11.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 15 Sexiest Red-Haired Men