‘Real World’ Star Joey Kovar Dead at 29
By Jase Peeples
Joey Kovar, the handsome and troubled star of MTV’s Real World and Celebrity Rehab was found dead at a friend’s house near Chicago early this morning, according to sources.
Family members and friends believe his death may be related to drug use, but no further details on the cause of death are available at this time. Kovar was 29 years old.
Kovar's rep tells TMZ:
"Joey was discovered by a female friend early this morning who noticed blood coming out of Joey's ears and nose.
The woman called 911 ... and authorities rushed to the scene where he was pronounced dead.
Kovar had famously battled drug issues -- and sought help for cocaine and ecstasy during his stint on "Celeb Rehab."
While on "Real World: Hollywood," Kovar entered rehab halfway through the season for alcohol and drugs, admitting he'd struggled with substance abuse for years. It was a pretty powerful moment on the show."
Watch a clip below.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Martha Stewart’s Sex Tips Are As Good Her Baking Tips
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Gay Travel & Nightlife - Food, Drink & City Guides
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto