Frank Ocean Makes Television Debut
By Peter Frost
Frank Ocean, the recently out member of Odd Future and singer, stopped by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to sing a song from his debut album, Channel Orange. The performance, which marks his television debut as a solo artist, is also the first time Ocean has been in the spotlight since he posted a letter to this Tumblr account discussing his love affair with another man. The song, titled “Bad Religion”, explicitly addresses this experience, with a section of the lyrics reading, “I could never make him love me.”
Ocean’s outing has provoked a strong response from the music community, with individuals such as Beyoncé and Busta Rhymes praising the singer for his bravery and honesty. And, for all Ocean fans new and old, his new album has also premiered early on iTunes, with eager fans able to purchase it a week before it hits store shelves on July 17. Check out the performance below!
- WATCH: Oscar Isaac Performs Folk Version of Katy Perry's 'Roar'
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- A Pope is Person of the Year: Edie Windsor is No. 3
- Zachary Quinto Models For Mr Porter
- Erasure's Andy Bell On the Magic & Melancholy of Christmas
- WATCH: Detox, Willam and Vicky Vox Sing Naughty Christmas Song