Viva Forever...And Forever...And Forever
By Diego James
According to AFP, the Spice Girls "reunited" today for the launch of Viva Forever, a West End jukebox musical inspired by the British group's chart-topping hits of the late 1990s. That's right Emma Bunton, Melanie Chishol, Melanie Brown, Victoria Beckham, and Geri Halliwell are all back together again. Sort of.
In case you're curious, the musical is about a band whose friendship is tested when they enter a TV talent show and find overnight fame. The show will feature several of their own hits, including "Two Become One," and "Spice Up Your Life." The group made the announcement at the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel, where they shot their video for "Wannabe" in 1996.
Even more exciting (and potentially entertaining) is that Jennifer Saunders wrote the musical's book. That's right the AbFab star and scribe is sure to give us some pointed digs at the "supergroup." Oh, and it's being produced by Judy Craymer, the theatrical impresario behind the highly successful Abba musical Mamma Mia!—so if all goes according to plan, we'll be hearing these songs for decades to come. Thanks, gals.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Gay Fashion Blog - What Truman Says Goes
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans