Portia de Rossi to Star in 'Munsters' Reboot
By Peter Frost
Portia de Rossi will be returning to television screens this fall! According to The Hollywood Reporter, de Rossi has signed on to star in NBC's reboot of classic 60's television show The Munsters.
De Rossi, best known for playing Lindsay Bluth in Arrested Development, has signed on to play family mother (and vampire wife) Lily Munster, a role played by Yvonne De Carlo in the original series. The reboot, titled Mockingbird Lane, is being helmed by Pushing Daises show runner Bryan Fuller, and is said to put a bit of a twist on the original concept of the show, exploring the origins of the original plotlines. (In other news, everyone has been weighing in on de Rossi's new bob. Ellen DeGeneres has said she thinks it's "adorable.")
Alongside de Rossi, actors Jerry O’Connell and Eddie Izzard are set to play Herman and Grandpa Munster, respectively.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists