Portia de Rossi to Star in 'Munsters' Reboot
By Peter Frost
Portia de Rossi will be returning to television screens this fall! According to The Hollywood Reporter, de Rossi has signed on to star in NBC's reboot of classic 60's television show The Munsters.
De Rossi, best known for playing Lindsay Bluth in Arrested Development, has signed on to play family mother (and vampire wife) Lily Munster, a role played by Yvonne De Carlo in the original series. The reboot, titled Mockingbird Lane, is being helmed by Pushing Daises show runner Bryan Fuller, and is said to put a bit of a twist on the original concept of the show, exploring the origins of the original plotlines. (In other news, everyone has been weighing in on de Rossi's new bob. Ellen DeGeneres has said she thinks it's "adorable.")
Alongside de Rossi, actors Jerry O’Connell and Eddie Izzard are set to play Herman and Grandpa Munster, respectively.
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Qs: Billy Eichner Wants to Marry Meryl Streep and Get Down With Judi Dench
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem