Hillary Clinton Wishes You 'A Happy Pride'
By Peter Frost
Just in time for the kickoff of Pride celebrations around the world, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has released a video message to celebrate the festivities and reiterate her support in the fight for equal rights. In the video, Clinton declares her support for the LGBT community everywhere, saying, “I am honored to join you to celebrate the fundamental freedoms that all human beings deserve—no matter who they are or whom they love.” She continues, saying, “This month, and every month, we proudly reaffirm our commitment to making sure that all human begins are born free and equal in dignity and rights.”
The video from the politician, who has been a very vocal advocate for LGBT rights throughout her career, comes at a crucial moment in the fight for equal rights, with the fate of gay marriage hanging in the balance and the issues of the LGBT community coming to the forefront of politics.
Clinton closes the video by saying, "Wherever you are celebrating this month, I wish you a happy Pride." And with Clinton's vocal support, everyone's pride can be just a bit happier.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series