Hillary Clinton Wishes You 'A Happy Pride'
By Peter Frost
Just in time for the kickoff of Pride celebrations around the world, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has released a video message to celebrate the festivities and reiterate her support in the fight for equal rights. In the video, Clinton declares her support for the LGBT community everywhere, saying, “I am honored to join you to celebrate the fundamental freedoms that all human beings deserve—no matter who they are or whom they love.” She continues, saying, “This month, and every month, we proudly reaffirm our commitment to making sure that all human begins are born free and equal in dignity and rights.”
The video from the politician, who has been a very vocal advocate for LGBT rights throughout her career, comes at a crucial moment in the fight for equal rights, with the fate of gay marriage hanging in the balance and the issues of the LGBT community coming to the forefront of politics.
Clinton closes the video by saying, "Wherever you are celebrating this month, I wish you a happy Pride." And with Clinton's vocal support, everyone's pride can be just a bit happier.
READER COMMENTS (
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team