Neil Patrick Harris on the 'Colbert Report': Yes It’s as Funny as It Sounds
By Alex Panisch
Last night on the Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert found a term for a new breed of celebrity while interviewing his guest, Neil Patrick Harris. The “quadruple treat” is someone who’s an actor, singer, dancer, and likeable gay person, so basically that's Neil Patrick Harris in reality—and Hugh Jackman in our prayers.
Colbert and Harris performed together last year in a reading of Sondheim’s Company at Lincoln Center, and they apparently got along famously. NPH, who will be hosting the Tony Awards on Sunday, gave his picks for the winners while Colbert made the case for Jesus Christ Superstar being the “least-gay musical.”
I’m not saying I’m hoping for a buddy cop movie, but I am saying that the bromance between these two would be the bromance of the century. And it would certainly make the case for straight guys being friends with their gay pals.
Check out the video below.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Neil Patrick Harris|
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- 17th Annual Out100
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series