Vice President Biden Supports Marriage Equality
By Jerry Portwood
"I am absolutely comfortable with the fact that men marrying men, women marrying women, and heterosexual men and women marrying another are entitled to the same exact rights, all the civil rights, all the civil liberties," Biden said Sunday on NBC's Meet the Press.
As the NYTimes reports: "Biden’s unexpectedly expansive remarks made him by far the highest-ranking White House official to move closer to a formal embrace of same-sex marriage." The Obama administration is now scrambling to make it clear that Biden was speaking for himself and not as policy for the administration.
Biden called the debate surrounding the issue a simple question of “who do you love?” and “and will you be loyal to the person you love?”
“That’s what people are finding out is what, what all marriages, at their root, are about,” he said, “Whether they’re marriages of lesbians or gay men or heterosexuals.”
For a full account of the exchange between Biden and Meet the Press's David Gregory, visit The Advocate.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters