Anna Paquin: Still Bisexual
By Evan Lambert
Photo: Getty Images
Sort of. I mean, technically Anna Paquin is bi—but she'll now forever be Sookie to us after her starring role in HBO's True Blood. Also, we already knew she was bi, since she came out in that "Give a Damn" PSA back in 2010. But now that she's married to Stephen Moyer (AKA Vampire Bill), she feels like she needs to defend that statement. Apparently, she's been taking flak for being "insincere" about her bisexuality.
"For me, it’s not really an issue because I’m someone who believes being bisexual is actually a thing. It’s not made up. It’s not a lack of decision," she told Zooey Magazine in a recent interview. "It’s not being greedy or numerous other ignorant things I’ve heard at this point. For a bisexual, it’s not about gender. That’s not the deciding factor for who they’re attracted to."
Her description sounds a lot like the definition of pansexuality, but it's certainly respectable of her to stand up for bisexuality in an era when so many people think it's a myth.
Honestly, though, can you blame her for being attracted to Vampire Bill? He's handsome, he's classy, he's kinky, and he knows how to play Wii. There's not much more you could ask for in a man (unless one of your criteria is that your man be less than a century old).
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula