Two New Shows Make here TV! Even Gayer
By Christopher Donaldson
Pictured: Sherry Vine
Hot on the heels of its success with such breakout productions as For & Against, Boombox, and She's Living for This, America's only gay television network, here! TV, has announced a slate of two new shows in development.
The first is a documentary-style series about gay weddings. The second unscripted project, currently named Downtown Divas, will focus its lens on a multi-faceted group of LGBT artists who live and work inside downtown Manhattan's ever-expanding art and gallery scene. Both Boombox and She's Living for This have also been greenlit for another season each.
As it happens, this announcement follows two key leadership changes to the networks executive team, effectively putting New York City-based Josh Rosenzweig in charge of production and creative services and Los Angeles-based John Mongiardo in charge of broadcast operations.
"For nearly a decade here! TV blazed the trail for gay television. Our network remains dedicated to developing and producing original programming made by and for the gay and lesbian audience," said Paul Colichman, CEO of Here Media, in a press release. "As we redefine the responsibilities of the here! TV executive leadership, we are also now uniquely positioned as television's only channel dedicated solely to the gay and lesbian audience."
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete