'Keep the Lights On' Premieres at Tribeca Film Festival
By Evan Lambert
Written and directed by Sachs, the film follows documentary filmmaker Erik (Danish actor Thure Lindhardt) and closeted lawyer Paul (Zachary Booth) as they meet for a one-night stand, then gradually fall in love and embark upon a rocky relationship.
“[This movie] came from a very autobiographical place,” Sachs told Out. “I was in a relationship for 10 years, and on the last day of that relationship, I had some sense that there was a first day and there was a story in between the two marks...and I wanted to tell that story.”
Sachs picked Booth (Damages) for the lead role due to his willingness to go along with the risky material. The two had already met for lunch before Sachs called Booth in for an audition. “He had a really vivid connection with the material,” Sachs explained. “It was so emotional and so honest.”
Not to leave it at that, Sachs added: “He also looks good naked.”
Watch the trailer below.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 2014 CFDA Awards: And The Nominees Are...
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series