Rosie O'Donnell Says Lindsay Lohan 'Isn't Capable' of Playing Elizabeth Taylor
By Out.com Editors
We've been enjoying the newly free-to-speak-her-mind anywhere and everywhere Rosie O'Donnell. Now she's guested on NBC's Today Show and was vocal about a slew of topics. But the thing that caught the most flack—including Jeremy Kinser at The Advocate—was one that remains a sticking point for many: Lindsay Lohan just can't play Elizabeth Taylor in the upcoming Lifetime biopic Liz & Dick. No way. No how.
"I feel very sorry for her," O'Donnell said. “I think she needs a lot of help. She needs a lot of time away. She’s had a lot of trouble doing every single movie, including SNL. She was out and not in rehearsal. I think she’s not in a place to work.”
Star Jones said she hasn't seen enough of Lohan's work in recent years to make an evaluation. Donny Deutsch, however, was the lone pro-Lohan panelist. “She’s our generation’s Elizabeth Taylor,” he claimed.
“You’re out of your mind," O'Donnell replied. "You’re a crackhead! The last thing she did good she was sixteen...I don’t think she’s right for the role, and I don’t think she’s capable at this point to portray that character.”
(Turns out that in an Access Hollywood poll, the majority thought Megan Fox should play the late, great Hollywood legend.)
Watch the discussion—which ranges from Secret Service pecadilloes to cancer screening—below.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Gay Fashion Blog - What Truman Says Goes
- HBO to Debut Ryan Murphy's The Normal Heart on May 25