Don't Call Jeremy Renner a "F*g"
By Out.com Editors
Jeremy Renner is not playing around.
A while back, we noted that the actor was too busy with work (not too gay) to be dating ladies at the moment. And then, there was that crazy Thai bar fight he was embroiled in, where one of his companions was attacked by a man WITH AN AXE?? (Side note: What actually happened? That is so shady!)
So it wasn't surprising to learn that the 41-year-old actor had been in other bar fights before, as he revealed to The Hollywood Reporter recently. But we didn't think a gay slur would be involved. “This guy chokes me with the scarf I was wearing," says Renner, speaking of one ill-fated Christmas Eve spent with his family in a bar. "He called me a fag ’cause I was wearing a scarf! Then he shoved my sister and I got behind him and I choked him out — put him to sleep.”
Perhaps that's a bit of an overreaction, but let it be known that Renner will not tolerate anti-scarf hate speech and will kick your ass if he catches you engaging in it.
Photo: Getty Images
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Martha Stewart’s Sex Tips Are As Good Her Baking Tips