Don't Call Jeremy Renner a "F*g"
By Out.com Editors
Jeremy Renner is not playing around.
A while back, we noted that the actor was too busy with work (not too gay) to be dating ladies at the moment. And then, there was that crazy Thai bar fight he was embroiled in, where one of his companions was attacked by a man WITH AN AXE?? (Side note: What actually happened? That is so shady!)
So it wasn't surprising to learn that the 41-year-old actor had been in other bar fights before, as he revealed to The Hollywood Reporter recently. But we didn't think a gay slur would be involved. “This guy chokes me with the scarf I was wearing," says Renner, speaking of one ill-fated Christmas Eve spent with his family in a bar. "He called me a fag ’cause I was wearing a scarf! Then he shoved my sister and I got behind him and I choked him out — put him to sleep.”
Perhaps that's a bit of an overreaction, but let it be known that Renner will not tolerate anti-scarf hate speech and will kick your ass if he catches you engaging in it.
Photo: Getty Images
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Watch the New Trailer for Orange Is the New Black Season 2
- The 10 Most Influential Gay Fashion Bloggers