Theresa Rebeck to Part Ways with 'Smash'
By Joshua Gardner
Their sources say the show, which has recently been renewed for a second season, will have to go on with someone new in the lead creative role. They also report that Rebeck will keep the title of executive producer and also contribute to future scripts as a writer.
Rebeck, a Pulitzer prize nominee, is a successful playwright in addition to her television writing and producer credits. One of the writers portrayed on Smash—Julia, played by Debra Messing—was partially based on Rebeck herself.
Though Rebeck’s future with the one-hour drama is unclear, she returns to her playwriting life with a new Broadway comedy, The Seminar starring Alan Rickman, at the Golden Theater.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula