Theresa Rebeck to Part Ways with 'Smash'
By Joshua Gardner
Their sources say the show, which has recently been renewed for a second season, will have to go on with someone new in the lead creative role. They also report that Rebeck will keep the title of executive producer and also contribute to future scripts as a writer.
Rebeck, a Pulitzer prize nominee, is a successful playwright in addition to her television writing and producer credits. One of the writers portrayed on Smash—Julia, played by Debra Messing—was partially based on Rebeck herself.
Though Rebeck’s future with the one-hour drama is unclear, she returns to her playwriting life with a new Broadway comedy, The Seminar starring Alan Rickman, at the Golden Theater.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Mexican Soap Star Sebastian Ligarde Comes Out Publicly
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out