'RuPaul's Drag Race' Star Willam Belli's Chick-Fil-A Music Video
By Alex Taylor Williams
Chic-Fil-A has landed itself in the headlines this year—and not necessarily for their fried chicken. The well known Christian organization recently caused controversy when California native and NYU freshman Hillary Dworkoski chose to speak out against their support of numerous anti-gay organizations including as Focus On The Family, Exodus International, and the Family Research Council.
In attempt to raise more awareness about the company's discrimination, Drag Race contestant Willam Belli gathered a few queens to make a Wilson Phillips-inspired music video to show how much the gay community loves to hate the nationwide fast food chain.
"Hasboro toys wouldn't want Hitler to endorse their products," Belli exclusively told Out. ''So having a bunch of drag queens make a video in support of Chick-fil-a isa more passive aggressive way to protest."
And Willam definitely has a point.
So, while the fast food chain might serve the Chargrilled Chicken Club and waffle fries, Belli and friends are serving up something way more fierce. Check it out below.
- Beyoncé Liberated
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- The Men Who Want AIDS—and How It Improved Their Lives
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet