Susan Sarandon, Justin Bond Will Be Judges for LES Film Festival
By Out.com Editors
On March 6, the annual LES Film Festival will kick off on Manhattan’s Lower East Side. And while it might not have the name recognition of a juggernaut like its neighbor to the west, the Tribeca Film Festival, the two-year-old, 22-day festival focused on low-budger filmmaking features plenty of inventive programming, celebrity judges and worthwhile moviemaking. Oh yeah, and it’s pretty damn gay.
On March 8, the festival will host “Gay Night,” an evening of programming featuring John Lavin’s documentary Hollywood to Dollywood, a film featuring both Dustin Lance Black and Dolly Parton that follows twin brothers on a trip to Dollywood in a van named Jolene. (Trailer below.)
And did we mention that Susan Sarandon and Justin Bond are judges? They are.
The entire schedule for the festival is available here, and for a better idea of what to expect, check out a video interview that festival directors Shannon Walker and Damon Cardasis did with Sarandon, below.
- WATCH: The Super Trailer for RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It
- A Brief History of 'Same Love'
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Elton John Criticized 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia