Gay Marine Photo Goes Viral
By Joshua Gardner
A military serviceperson’s homecoming is always a welcome and heartwarming sight. It reinforces the hopes held by families of military personnel all over America that their loved ones will return unharmed, too.
And now with the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, gay and lesbians in the military get to have the same jubilant homecomings as everyone else.
Just ask Marine Sgt. Brandon Morgan, whose passionate liplock with boyfriend Dalan upon his return from Afghanistan, has gone viral in a big way.
If you haven’t seen the omnipresent photo of Morgan in his fatigues being held tightly by Dalan on Facebook or Twitter, you probably will soon.
But, according to Morgan, he didn’t know the photo was even being taken and was just acting in the heat of the happy moment.
"With all that was going on, we didn’t even know he was there taking pictures," Morgan told the Miami Herald about his friend who snapped the photo. "The world went away for a few minutes."
The photo has stirred up quite a bit of conversation, though, sparking thousands of Facebook comments, not all of them positive. But, as Morgan says, “to quote Kat Williams, everyone needs haters, so let them hate.”
We’re just happy to live in a country where joyous moments like this can now happen.
READER COMMENTS (
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!