Brett Ratner's Penance
By Mike Berlin
We thought getting booted from the awards' show would be sufficient punishment to teach the blasé director a lesson (or to just, you know, get him reamed out by his publicist). Instead, Ratner will be furthering his penance by directing a public service series for GLAAD. Says the organization:
"The upcoming video series will feature a diverse group of Hollywood celebrities, athletes, musicians and politicians ‘coming out of the closet’ as supporters of equality. Participants will share personal stories about why and how they support the LGBT community and call on Americans to do the same."
Well, we can't say that we're not intrigued to see who will be featured in these comings out, and we love the idea of Ratner having to do the equivalent of saying 300 Hail Marys and repenting at the high altar of gay media. But, you know, on top of that, how awesome would it be if he took all the money and turned the entire thing into the fourth Rush Hour movie, in which Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker have to Karate-chop their way out of the 2012 Republican National Convention wearing nothing but neon tanktops and cut-offs? Just sayin'.
Photo: Getty Images
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem