Nicki Minaj: Anna Wintour Is My Fitness Motivator
By Out.com Editors
Some people read fitness magazines to jump-start a workout, others motivate with thoughts of the rapidly approaching summer. Nicki Minaj gets her StairMaster endurance from a slightly less traditional place: Vogue editor Anna Wintour.
When New York magazine caught up with Minaj for a chat about Fashion Week, the rapper explained what an impact the parade of garments and glamazons had on her.
“After I went to some shows with Anna Wintour, I got an autographed photo from her the next day that said, ‘We match!’” said Minaj. “I had on these, like, weird balls and craziness, and she had on this really sophisticated dress, but they both were orange. I was like, ‘Oh my God, I’m getting this framed!’ I’m going to get a bigger version and put it in my gym, because that’s some fly motivation.”
Now that Minaj has met the high priestess of fashion, however, she revealed that she’s in no hurry to get back to a runway-adjacent seat.
“I’m not impressed to be in that world,” she told the magazine. “I’m in my own world. I think sometimes the fashion world isn’t even about clothes anymore; it’s about this ‘in’ crowd, and I’m not into that.”
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?
- WATCH: Chris Lilley Teases New 'Summer Heights High' Spin-Off
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad