Jake Pavelka From 'The Bachelor' Joins Chippendales Male Revue in Las Vegas
By Out.com Editors
Before you book your plane tickets to catch the completely adorable Pavelka won’t actually be stripping, he’ll just be hosting the show, chockablock with barely clothed beefcakes, for a month starting in late February.
“I will be guest hosting the show for four weeks, getting the audience excited for the show as well as closing out the show,” Pavelka told The Hollywood Reporter. “You know, I've always loved the idea of a live audience. Hosting in front of an unpredictable crowd forces you to draw from the energy of the crowd. It's challenging but also exciting to work off that kind of adrenaline, knowing no two shows will be the same.”
While he shot to notoriety with his stint on The Bachelor and has done guest-starring roles on other TV shows, what Pavelka says he’s hoping to do is expand his career options just a bit more.
“I look at this opportunity to stretch my limits as performer. I don't want to limit myself based on fear of backlash,” he said. “Hosting a live show is something I have always dreamed of doing and now I get to.”
And as far as his decision—rash and worth revisiting, as far as we’re concerned—to keep his clothes on, Pavelka says that he’s simply not a professional in that sense and might not be up to dancing at the level expected from a Chippendales star.
“As for not stripping, I am the guest host for the run of those weeks, so I'm leaving it to the professionals who have kept this brand thriving since the 1970s,” he said.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- James Franco's Hardcore Interior. Leather Bar Hits Cinemas