Raven–Symoné to Take Over 'Sister Act' Role
By Joshua Gardner
We’ve watched her grow from world’s most precocious child star to Disney darling and now Raven–Symoné is slated to become a full-fledged adult star.
According to Deadline Hollywood, the former The Cosby Show scene-stealer will take over the role of Deloris Van Cartier in the Whoopi Goldberg-produced musical stage version of Sister Act.
But unlike Patina Miller, who currently plays the role, this isn’t Raven-Symoné’s first Broadway turn. That debut happened for her many years ago when she appeared with the Boys Choir of Harlem at the age of five.
We’re sure the gifted singer-actress made a splash then and will do so again in March when she is scheduled to make her first appearance.
Photo courtesy Alex Calderon
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- James Franco's Hardcore Interior. Leather Bar Hits Cinemas