New 'Game of Thrones' Trailer Reminds Us of Its Brutality, Magnificence
By Mike Berlin
If you haven't heard, winter is coming.
No, I know, it's already here. I'm not talking about the November-April winter, where all I do is sit in my apartment, shrouded in blankets, eating slices of deli cheese and watching "dark, understated foreign films featuring strong female leads" on Netflix.
I'm talking about the horrific, years-long Winter with a capital "W," of the new season of Game of Thrones, my favorite power-struggle program on TV.
Just when we were all like, "AHHHH, WHAT???" the new trailer for Season 2, which begins April 1 (so help me God, if this is an April Fools prank, I will go to the HBO headquarters with a direwolf to get screeners), tells us the power struggle has only just begun.
Cersei looks a little in over her head. Sansa looks really in over her head (on the verge of headlessness, actually). King Joffrey looks turdly. Robb looks brooding—and HOT. Jon Snow looks forsaken—and cold. Daenerys looks like she prepared for battle with a nice base tan and now has the full entitlement of a zombie widow ("I will take what is mine with fire and blood!!!"). The horses all look beautiful, or like they're ready to have their heads chopped off at any given moment, because that is probably one of the most disturbing aspects of the series. Peter Dinklage looks acclaimed.
My favorite part is when an evil, shadowy child says, "Anyone can be killed," which we VERY WELL LEARNED THANK YOU, last season in (spoiler links!) episodes six ("A Golden Crown") and nine ("Baelor").
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan