Julia Roberts, Alec Baldwin Cast In Ryan Murphy's 'The Normal Heart'
By Adam Rathe
Watch out, Julia Roberts. Ellen Barkin might be coming after you.
Over the weekend, it was announced that Ryan Murphy, he of Glee and American Horror Story and all sorts of other celluloid wizardry, has lined up the cast for his long-awaited film version of Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart, which last year snagged a Tony for best revival.
The Broadway cast starred Joe Mantello as the Kramer stand-in, as well as Lee Pace, Patrick Breen, Mark Harelik, John Benjamin Hickey and Barkin, in a amazing and Tony-winning turn as the wheelchair-bound Doctor Emma Brookner.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Mark Ruffalo has long been attached to the lead role of Ned Weeks, and now Alec Baldwin is attached to play his brother, Matt Bomer will play his boyfriend and Julia Roberts will take over the role of Dr. Brookner. Jim Parsons will revive his role of Tommy Boatwright for the screen.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Watch the New Trailer for Orange Is the New Black Season 2
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film