Julia Roberts, Alec Baldwin Cast In Ryan Murphy's 'The Normal Heart'
By Adam Rathe
Watch out, Julia Roberts. Ellen Barkin might be coming after you.
Over the weekend, it was announced that Ryan Murphy, he of Glee and American Horror Story and all sorts of other celluloid wizardry, has lined up the cast for his long-awaited film version of Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart, which last year snagged a Tony for best revival.
The Broadway cast starred Joe Mantello as the Kramer stand-in, as well as Lee Pace, Patrick Breen, Mark Harelik, John Benjamin Hickey and Barkin, in a amazing and Tony-winning turn as the wheelchair-bound Doctor Emma Brookner.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Mark Ruffalo has long been attached to the lead role of Ned Weeks, and now Alec Baldwin is attached to play his brother, Matt Bomer will play his boyfriend and Julia Roberts will take over the role of Dr. Brookner. Jim Parsons will revive his role of Tommy Boatwright for the screen.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models