Johnny Weir Married on New Year's Eve
By Out.com Editors
Photo via Vitya Zvesda/Twitter
According to Johnny Weir's Twitter feed, he was indeed married on New Year's Eve to boyfriend Victor Voronov (who he lovingly refers to as Vitya) and plans to have a bigger affair later in 2012: "Wedding in summer! But all the official stuff is done now! No more livin' in sin!"
Voronov later retweeted Weir's comments, adding that he was "ringing in the New Year with my new hubby @JohnnyGWeir! #ELATED."
Weir had remained enigmatic about his sexuality in the press until coming out in 2010 and being featured on Out's 2010 Out100 cover in December 2010. As he told the magazine: "I have a very clear opinion of my own sexuality. I'm not ashamed of anything, but I want it to be out there in my own words...I hope that I can continue to inspire individuality in people regardless of age, sex, race, sexual orientation, or religion."
- Beyoncé Liberated
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary